Our Hake & Calamari Meal comes with 1 small hake, calamari strips, a medium rice and a side portion of coleslaw for only R49.90. Next time you’re looking for a seafood takeaway, look no further than Fishaways.
Please visit our restaurant locator to find a Fishaways near you that delivers https://location.fishaways.co.za/search
• We have implemented hand sanitising for all customers both in restaurant and at the entrance of our restaurants prior to entry • Staff wash and sanitise their hands for 20 seconds at least every 20 minutes. • Specific training modules for staff have been launched, and staff have been trained practically in the workplace. • Every restaurant has educational best practice notices for our staff and drivers, in accordance with the World Health Organisation and the Department of Health’s regulations. • Every staff member, including our delivery drivers, are screened for symptoms every day, with temperature checks done prior to staff entering the restaurant • We have implemented a NO CONTACT system which ensures that our customers do not come in physical contact with our staff. This includes : - No contact takeaway - No contact collection - No contact kerbside delivery (select restaurants) - No contact home delivery (select restaurants) • 3rd Party drivers are screened with temperature checks and the register is completed. Drivers showing symptoms or a high temperature are not permitted inside and cannot deliver. The 3rd party delivery company is immediately notified.
No. • Gloves are at higher risk of carrying pathogens than properly washed hands. • Wearing gloves creates a false sense of security and has potential to lead to staff relaxing the strict hygiene standards we uphold at *brand* • The person wearing the gloves cannot feel dirt or greasiness on their gloves, which means that they change gloves less often than they would wash dirty hands. • The wrong sized glove could tear or puncture leading to food contamination due to exposure to skin. • Contamination from the gloves themselves could cause cross contamination if the glove had touched any other surfaces. • Wearing gloves in our hot and steamy kitchens may cause perspiration on the hands and lead to ideal conditions for bacterial growth on the skin under the gloves.
• Wearing of cloth facemasks or face shields is a legislated requirement for all South Africans • No one is permitted to enter our restaurant premises (including our own staff, delivery teams, suppliers, or inspectors) if they are not wearing a cloth mask/ other acceptable masks such face shields • Restaurants are supplied cloth masks and face shields by local South African suppliers, and we do not use surgical masks in our restaurants as this will reduce the availability of surgical masks to our brave healthcare workers in South Africa. • In addition to the cloth face masks, our staff who engage with delivery drivers and customers also wear a face shield as an extra precaution.
• Staff members, when they are feeling unwell or showing signs or symptoms of Coronavirus, should stay at home and quarantined until symptoms have cleared. • Our staff are working in separate teams which have zero physical contact between the teams. Should one of our team members start to show symptoms, the entire team will be isolated and sent for testing. • Depending on the severity of the case, we might have to close our doors to sterilise the restaurant and reopen with approval from the Department of Health.
• Cleaning schedules are followed daily. • All food contact surfaces are cleaned and washed, as and when necessary: during and/or immediately after the handling of food so that contamination of the food that meets any such surface is prevented. • Daily deep cleaning. This requires all equipment and surfaces to be thoroughly washed with soap and water.
Our restaurants pride themselves in the strict personal hygiene practices supported by the Food Safety Policies, under the regulation of the national Department of Health (Regulation 638).
• Floor markers indicating 1.5-meter safe distance between workstations are in place. • We have implemented a No Contact Delivery service for all orders. • Depending on the size of restaurant and the number of floor markers that assist with social distancing, we only allow a limited number of customers inside.
Our restaurants are operating with a very limited number of staff, and the strict physical distancing practices we have put in place in our kitchens, we have had to rationalise our menu to optimise our speed of service.
Please visit our restaurant locator to find an open Fishaways near you https://location.fishaways.co.za/search
• In order to continue to combat the effects of COVID–19 all restaurants that are open for Delivery only will implement a strict No Contact Delivery procedure with all deliveries.
• This procedure ensures to protect both our drivers and our customers. This means that customers will be able to receive their meals with making no physical contact with the drivers.
• All delivery bags are sanitized and wiped down before each order is packed. • Online payments are encouraged, as this means zero contact at all; however, our process still caters for those who choose to pay with a card or cash. • Our drivers carry a personal hand sanitizer bottle with them at all times. • Upon arriving at the customer’s delivery address, the driver will knock on the customer’s door / ring bell. • The driver will stand back away from the customer at a safe distance. • When the customer comes out, the driver will sanitise their hands and remove the meal from their delivery bag. • The driver will place the meal on top the delivery bag in front of the customer, while still maintaining a safe distance. • The customer will pick up their meal and check the content of the order. • If payment needs to be made by card, the driver will wipe down the card machine and prepare it for the transaction. The customer then will simply tap, insert or swipe their card. If a PIN is required, the driver will hold out the card machine towards the customer so that the customer can enter their PIN without having to handle the card machine. • If payment needs to be made with cash, the driver will have confirmed the exact change amount needed before arriving. The change will be placed in a sealed and sanitized money bag. The customer will pick up their meal that was placed on top of the delivery bag, check the meal, and then place the cash on top of the delivery bag. The driver will pick the cash up, and replace it with the change for the customer to pick up. • The driver will then sanitize their hands and pick up the empty delivery bag to leave.
• For us to clearly identify the customer, and ensure the correct meal is delivered to the correct vehicle, we will require the customer to provide us with their vehicle details (make, model, colour and registration). • Upon the customer’s arrival at the restaurant, we will be able to identify the vehicle and delivery the correct meal to the vehicle in our parking area. • As a further form of identification, the customer can show the order confirmation which they would have received via SMS.
About FishawaysNEWCASTLE CBD
Welcome to Fishaways NEWCASTLE CBD, where we offer a wide range of delicious seafood that’s served grilled or fried and with chips or rice. For those who want to keep it lite, we’ve got a Under 500cal Menu filled with tasty meals, or if you believe seafood is best shared, try our platters. Here at Fishaways you get to enjoy seafood your way. So visit our website and life your best life.